I wasn't spawned from a computer, just raised by one.



Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Excuse Me



It's a fact of life. Someone inevitably gets in our way. But what happens when they leave that little speckle of white space, leaving just enough room for us to circumvent them?

You can tell a lot about a person by how they respond to the words "excuse me". I've said it twice today. The first woman pulled the old side step with a quiet "I'm sorry", the second stated "oh, you're okay" while speeding by me, pulling her son behind her, growing arm sockets be damned.

Personally, I belong to the "I'm sorry" group. We are in fact a typically sorry bunch, but it's better than being a member of the always unpleasant "ers" (i.e. grunters, pushers, shovers, movers, etc.). I so desperately wanted to be a member of the "you're fine" group, but alas...

It's a fact of life. Someone inevitably gets in our way. They block our path, they put us on hold, and if you are anything like me you tend to wait it out until they've decided to move along on theirs before regaining yours.

"Excuse me?"

Sometimes you just have to realize that it's yourself you need to get around.

7 comments:

  1. What a great post!! So true, so very true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of you're posts make me question what exactly happened to you during the day. It seems like you put way more thought into every scenario then I do and I think it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how the last line is so dramatic. but it forces you to be honest with yourself, which is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the Rebel Queen Irish. I hope you know I'm not ignoring your posts...I honestly just don't know how to respond to them. Very intense stuff lately...not that THAT's a bad thing. I just hope you understand my feelings.

    Take care~Eve

    ReplyDelete
  5. How have I missed this post!?
    Anyway: I so know what you mean. Sometimes I wish I was able to be a bit of a bully so people would stay clear of me instead of taking my space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am often a member of the "excuse me" group...but I say it with an apologetic tone...does that count?? Great observations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice... a bit of self check.....2 gold stars darlin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails