I wasn't spawned from a computer, just raised by one.



Friday, August 21, 2009

It Came from Outerspace...

It was a plan.

It was the ninth of its kind.

They should have kept thinking.



Tonight - by this time yesterday - I went to see Rifftrax Live: Plan 9 From Outerspace. It was UHH-mazing. It was a lot of fun to see it on the big screen, surrounded by the laughter of complete strangers. There was even a zombie sing-a-long before the feature film, truly awful stuff that. I love seeing movies like this in the theatre, where the laughter gets that really wonderful, infectious quality. You know? Somethings are just funnier in large groups.

Not that there isn't something to be said for watching a beloved film with a couple close friends. I like to gauge people's reactions to things, see if they find the same things as amusing as me. I love to watch a movie and then show it to someone, I spend more time watching them out of the corner of my eye then the movie at that point.

But I digress...



It was great to see the old Mystery Science Theatre 3000 gang. Even if I felt a little odd seeing Bill Corbett and Kevin Murphy instead of their respective robot counterparts, Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo. I worshipped this show when I was a kid.

Back when it was on Sci-Fi. Back when Sci-Fi had good programming. Back when it actually was "Sci-Fi".

Um...what was I saying?

Oh yes, great time at the movies. Forgive the rambles. I realize they mean nothing to the four people who read this.

And Wendiwinn. As far as I can tell she's a lactose intolerant rooster who's fond of cheese, wearing large fake mustaches, and quite ambiguously, liking "stuff".

Onward!

I have an audition tomorrow to become a member of the "Scare Squad" for Howl-O-Scream '09 at Busch Gardens in Tampa. Please wish me luck. I think it would be a lot of fun if I could get through the audition intact. I'm very nervous.

5 comments:

  1. kaylynn you will do great at the audition! and now i will be really creeped out everytime i watch movies with you because i will feel like you are staring at me the whole time though it will be fine in a vincent price movies cause he is way creepier then you could ever be any way the nyquil is making me tired so night night and good luck tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have no idea what you're talking about. Have never heard of Rifftrax Live: Plan 9. Must be because I live in SA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still quote my favorite line from Mystery Science Theater.

    Setting: old 70's movie set in the woods with cast dressed in sweat socks up to their knees and sweat bands around their foreheads.

    Clueless blond girl with bouncy curly hair: Who's going to go get some firewood?

    Mystery Science robot guy: I'll go! I want to die!

    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and bye the way ITS THE 80's DO A LOT OF COKE AND VOTE FOR RONALD REAGAN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the audition.
    And the zombie singalong sounds like something I want to do too sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails